February was an easy-going month for me and I’m thankful for that. Don’t need more of these “may you live in interesting times” BS.
WFH WITH THE MURDER HUSBANDS
Among the many things I like about working from home are the freedom to crank up the music as loud as I want, listen to podcasts and watch videos in the background while working. This might not be conducive to productivity for some but playing a movie or a tv drama on my laptop while doing work stuff on my office PC actually helps me concentrate more.
I’ve been listening to The Big Gay Fiction Podcast, Queer Writers of Crime, MM Author Podcast, and Bridgerton With Mary & Blake. I’m looking for more podcasts to listen to. What are some of your favorites? Any recommendations?
I also watched The Greatest Showman, the oldie but goldie The IT Crowd and finished season 3 of Hannibal.
OMG, this scene of Will flirting with Hannibal!!!!!
I really really wish the rumors are true and they make season 4.
Here are some beautiful Hannigram and Mr. D fanart I found all over the internet.
I’m on the Amazon Affiliates Program. If you like my content, please consider clicking on my affiliate links. It earns me a small commission with no extra costs to you.
You can also use my Bookshop.org affiliate links. They support local bookstores and is an ethical alternative to giant online companies.
Also, please consider supporting me on Ko-Fi, too. Your donations help keep this website going. I’m very grateful as always!
SONGS OF FEBRUARY
For February, we have indie icons Arctic Monkeys, White Lies and Coldplay along with newer artists Missio, The Blinders and Billy Nomates. Sad to say goodbye to Daft Punk. Their music will always be in our hearts and on the dancefloor. I was also introduced to Enya II, Her’s, Upstate and Japanese band Aimer.
It’s the love month and it’s begging for an LGBTQ-themed Valentine’s playlist. I was happy to comply.
This one’s for the for Me and Music tag.
- Loose Ends – Morgan Brice (4 stars) paranormal, urban fantasy, psychic, law enforcement, mystery, ghosts, magic, established couple
- The Elite – Brooke Blaine & Ella Frank (4.5 stars) contemporary romance, military, slow-burn, enemies to lovers, fighter pilots
- Happy Endings – Alice Winters (3 stars) paranormal, urban fantasy, magic, mage, demon, humor, necromancer, mystery
- Hell Cop – Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling & Ginn Hale (4 stars) paranormal, urban fantasy, law enforcement, magic, sorcerer, demon mystery, police procedural
It was a month of paranormals for me but the best one I’ve read was The Elite trilogy, a military-themed contemporary romance. It was a series of adrenaline, speed and oh holy sexual tension! It made all my Top Gun dreams come true.
The book I’m least fond of was Happy Endings, a book about a mage and his contracted demon. It was trying too hard to be funny. It still has a lot of good things going for it so I’m not writing the entire series off.
- One Room Angel – Harada
- Ginza Neon Paradise – Unohana
- Fukou-kun wa Kiss Suru Shika Nai! – Gamoko Tsuyu
- Restart – Harada
ON THE BLOG THIS MONTH
- FAVORITE COVERS: January 2021
- THE BOOKISH VALENTINES BOOK TAG
- ME AND MUSIC TAG
- DREAMY COVERS BOOK TAG: Manga Edition (2021)
I hope February treated you kindly too. I’m looking forward to the sunnier months. Stay safe and take care.
Thank for reading!