Imagine that you are an intrepid literary adventurer- braving the harsh bookish wilderness, traversing jungles of pages and slashing through vines of words. Where in the vast world of books would you go?
- Write about one place mentioned in a book you wish you could visit and why.
- List 3-5 things that you would do there.
- Mention which souvenirs, if any, you would bring back with you.
- Then tag some more literary explorers and please link back to the creator (Umairah @ Sereadipity) so I can see all of your adventures!
MY DREAM BOOKISH DESTINATION:
Whyborne & Griffin is a paranormal historical series by Jordan L. Hawk incorporating Lovecraftian mythos, MM romance and magic. It is one of the best series to come out this decade. There’s bittersweet feels now that the series finally ends
In celebration of the release of the final Whyborne & Griffin book, Deosil, we go on a grand tour of Widdershins, the home town of sorcerer and philologist, Whyborne, his husband, Griffin, their friends, Christine, the archaeologist and her husband, Iskander. Also, possibly stay for good. Because Widdershins knows its own.
THINGS I WOULD DO
- Visit the Ladysmith Museum and look at the Christine’s mummy exhibit. Explore and discover secret rooms and hidden passageways. While there, submit application for the position of Ladysmith librarian. If accepted, try not to get lost in the labyrinthine rooms or succumb to madness.
- Communicate with the umbrae using Griffin’s mind stone (forgot the name). Learn the secrets of the universe.
- Annoy Whyborne. Teach him our language if he does not know it yet. Help him defeat cosmic threats with my trusty dictionary. Become his apprentice. Let him know about the internet and google translate.
- Eat waffles with Persephone. Introduce her to the delights of our native dishes such as the infamous fertilized duck egg. Give her a copy of The Shape of Water.
- Photoshoot with Iskander. Take pictures of everybody and everything using his old style camera. Help him set up his Instagram account.
- Show Griffin pictures of the Aston Martin and how fast it runs. Let him know how Facebook and social media can make his detective work easier.
- Tell Christine about Lara Croft. Give her a pair of Doc Marten’s and Dual Pistols. Let her take over the world.
Bringing home: pearls and shells from Persephone, giant dictionary from the library and photographs, lots and lots of photographs.
And so the end is here, the Masters are upon us. To get you in the mood for the end of the world, here’s some creepy ambient music from the Vault of the Miskatonic University…
Other BOOKISH ADVENTURES here