DESERT ISLAND CASTAWAYS: Elouise East
Our favorite MM authors a.k.a. castaways are asked, what books, songs and luxury item would they take to a desert island?
This is a monthly series inspired by LezReviewBooks.com’s ‘Desert Island Books’, which in turn is based on BBC’s ‘Desert Island Discs’.
The rules are fairly simple:
List up to ten books, a playlist and one luxury item that you couldn’t do without on a desert island.
Any type of book can be selected, but I ask that at least half are LGBT+ books. Choices should be justified in a paragraph or two. Any number of songs and any type of music is allowed. The luxury item must be inanimate and of no use in escaping the island or allowing communication from outside.
Let’s welcome our February castaway, Elouise East!
DESERT ISLAND BOOKS
1. Angel by CJ Bishop because it never fails to tear me apart and sew me back together again.
2. Lover At Last by JR Ward. This book didn’t fail to live up to my hopes, and it’s still one of the book relationships I re-read several times to remind me how miscommunication and events can change how your life pans out.
3. All Through the Night by Suzanne Brockmann. It’s about time these guys got their own book and I wasn’t disappointed.
4. Coming Out by Lila Rose. I loved this book. It had all the feels, all the pain, and it just resonated with me.
5. Zero Hour by Lili St. German. This series was a surprise like for me. I went into it with misgivings but I loved them all.
6. Stripped Bare by Emma Hart. What can I say? I loved it.
7. Reading the Signs by Keira Andrews. This was the first book by this author I’d read and I was obsessed from this moment on. I’ve read it several times since then.
8. Kacey by GR Lyons. All the feels, all the fluffies, all the pain, all the angst, all the taboo. Love it!
9. If We Could Go Back by Cara Dee. Loved it. End of. My go to for angst and undeniable love.
DESERT ISLAND PLAYLIST:
Fluffy blanket because no matter the weather, I love snuggling under one to read my books.
ABOUT ELOUISE EAST
I am Elouise East but feel free to call me Elli. I write sweet and steamy connections in gay romance. I also touch on taboo stories under the name Elouise R East.
Books that tell the stories where friendship and family are the focal point – be it blood family or chosen – is very important to me. That’s why I include a variety of personalities, talents, ages, situations and abilities as I believe a story needs, or a character needs. I want my characters to be real, to be relatable, to be free to have whatever views they tell me they have. And trust me, most of the time, I do not have any say in the matter!
My characters come to life on the page for me as well as my readers. Their stories unfold in front of me, and I have very little input into how they want to be shown. Just like real life, the lives of my characters change with every choice, every interaction and every conversation. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I write books that are emotionally realistic, even if liberties are taken with other aspects of my stories. I don’t know any other way to write. It comes from deep inside.
Who am I? A single parent to two children who make life worth living. An avid reader who still devours every book she can get her hands on. A student of learning about any subject that takes her fancy. An author of books she would read herself. And a romantic at heart who loves anything cheesy.
Join my newsletter for monthly updates, giveaways and a free, exclusive story being told chapter by chapter: https://elouiseeast.com/newsletter
Crush series: follows everyday people through their lives, finding love, overcoming barriers, working together to find their Happily Ever After. You will find that some of these have a slightly darker side to them.
Daddy series: focuses on those Daddy and boy relationships that mean so much to us all. The caring, dedicated and tolerant of Daddies and the sweet, obedient and naughty boys.
Dark & Divergent series: focuses on the darker, kinkier, taboo side of life. It will have several different lifestyles from ménage to reverse harems; minor kinks to BDSM; age gaps to no gaps. Usually under the name Elouise R East.
Just A Little Crush series: follows new characters that may interact with the characters from previous series by having those characters dropping in, locations used or even mentioning a character’s name or conversation.
I love stalkers… 😉
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | BOOKBUB | PATREON | AMAZON | SMASHWORDS | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER
A big thank you to Elouise East for joining us on this month’s Desert Island Castaways!
Check out our first Castaway, Natalina Reis and October, November, December and January Castaways, V.L. Locey, J.P. Jackson, A.E. Wasp and Elle Keaton.
Hope you enjoyed this post. Don’t forget to check out next month’s Castaway.
What books would you take with you to a desert island?
What’s on your desert island playlist?
Who would you like to be the next Castaway?
If you like my content, please consider supporting me on Ko-fi or PayPal. Your donations will help keep this website going. Thank you so much!