Imagine that you are an intrepid literary adventurer- braving the harsh bookish wilderness, traversing jungles of pages and slashing through vines of words. Where in the vast world of books would you go?
- Write about one place mentioned in a book you wish you could visit and why.
- List 3-5 things that you would do there.
- Mention which souvenirs, if any, you would bring back with you.
- Then tag some more literary explorers and please link back to the creator (Umairah @ Sereadipity) so I can see all of your adventures!
MY DREAM BOOKISH DESTINATION:
Adventuretech is the mnem shop owned by Daniel Schroeder and his dad, Big Dan, in the Mnevermind Trilogy. Mnems are temporary, artificially-induced memories you can experience via a machine much like in the pic above. These artificial memories aim to trigger certain feelings that would motivate, calm, excite, entertain, etc a person to get them through their day. Mneming is done with a sherpa, like Daniel, a person who unobstrusively guides someone in and out the mnem.
I loved this little sci-fi trilogy from Jordan Castillo Price. Apart from the awesome characters, the technology was rendered very realistically. I would not be surprise if this becomes a reality in the near future.
THINGS I WOULD DO
- Try Simply Happy, a mnem where you can experience memories of what truly makes you happy and at peace. I wonder what I would see.
- Pick Elijah and Daniel’s brain on mnemography. Ask them to teach me how to sherpa and create my own mnems.
- Sherpa and create own mnem. Knowing me, I’m pretty sure I’m going to create something very otaku-ish like a mnem about being a ninja and saving the village of Konoha or one about piloting the Millenium Falcon while dodging Imperial Forces.
- Help Elijah with his laundry. The ulterior motive being I just want to check out his goth wardrobe. I love clothes. I want to be his stylist. And his friend (can we be friends please, pretty please, Elijah?) He’s not much for talking so we’ll get along fine (I hope).
Bringing home: knowledge of mnemography, the mnems, a mnem machine if Daniel allows me to take them home, and that black coat. Always wanted to wear one of those ubercool, all black Ann Demeulemeester getups.
I love these little mind adventures! Traveling is very much a luxury for me and it’s fun pretending you can go anywhere and do anything. Thanks to Umairah @ Sereadipity for creating this tag.